Apprentice Automotive Technician 3rd/4th Year
The successful applicants are responsible for the safe troubleshooting and repair of various types of Light Vehicles and/or Medium Duty Mining Equipment. The Mechanics will form part of a larger maintenance team strategically working to support the maintenance plan. In addition, the Automotive Mechanics are responsible for promoting the KMC Mining safety culture, adhering to all Company policy, internal controls and practices, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism by upholding the values of KMC Mining.
Rotation & Accommodation:
- The normal shift rotation is 14 on 14 off (days/nights);
- Monthly living allowance will be provided to successful candidates who choose to be local to Fort McMurray;
- Transportation will be provided to and from site and town.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Provide technical diagnosis and perform maintenance on various makes and models of Light Vehicles and/or Medium Duty Mining Equipment;
– Ensure work is completed safely and an FLRA is completed at the beginning of every job or when a job changes;
– Perform light vehicle maintenance according to standards, procedures and practices set out by industry and KMC Mining;
– Communicate updates to supervisor to ensure goals are met;
– Report all incidents, damage and near misses immediately;
Other duties as assigned.
Technical and Education Requirements;
– A minimum of 1 year experience troubleshooting/repairing light vehicles and/or medium duty equipment in a Mechanic shop or Mining environment;
– Candidates with Medium Duty experience will be preferred;
– Must have worked with Diesel Engine Repairs;
– Highway Tractor Trailer repair experience would be considered an asset;
– Fall Arrest, Confined Space, Hoisting/Rigging, Aerial Work Platform, Man Basket and Picker Truck training/experience would be considered an asset
– 3rd/4th-year Automotive Technician Apprenticeship;
– Possession of a valid driver’s license;
– Must have CSTS/OSSA or BSO or CSO;
– Proven safety training and exceptional safety record.
- Flexible work schedule;
- Excellent compensation package, including health benefits and fully funded pension program;
- Training opportunities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Day shift
- Night shift