Based in Fort McMurray, and reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, the Engineering Student will learn and assist in the preparation of equipment production models to determine optimal fleet requirements and cost models including labour and materials in preparation of bid packages for projects. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for promoting the KMC safety culture, adhering to all provincial and federal laws, KMC policy, internal controls and practices, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and upholding the values of KMC Mining.
- Assist with creating equipment production models and cost models to input into the bidding software;
- Participate in scheduled meetings to identify equipment and labour rates;
- Assist in the analysis of schedules, scope of work, and equipment requirements and provide recommendations;
- Assist in preparing responses to bid packages with estimates of time, labour and materials;
- Work with onsite leaders to identify, anticipate and solve operational concerns;
- review client documentation and distribute accordingly;
- Work with Engineers and other onsite staff in monitoring project costs and progress against the estimated costs and timeline;
- Address client concerns and remedy the issue in a timely manner as required;
- Assist in the development of resource loaded schedules;
- Assist in the creation of forecasts and the preparation of resource loaded schedules;
- Provide support to field-based site engineers where required;
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of project budgets; and
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Working towards a degree in Mining, Civil, Petroleum, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficient with the use of computers, Microsoft software, AutoCAD and Maintenance Management Databases.
- The ability to troubleshoot, solve problems and anticipate future concerns.
- Time Management and Prioritizing skills.
- The ability to be flexible and responsive to changing demands.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.