KMC requires 1st/2nd/3rd Year Electrical apprentice or helper who is already indentured and registered with AIT/ITABC. Candidates must demonstrate a proven safety record, attendance record and suitable workplace behavior.
Essential Duties, Technical and Education Requirements:
- Background or aptitude for machine mechanical and electrical systems.
- Baseline understanding of how mobile mine equipment run/operate, including some knowledge or willingness to learn multiple fleet types as utilized by KMC.
- Baseline understanding of electrical principals and systems, including some knowledge or willingness to learn basic circuitry.
- Ability to work alone, or with minimal supervision, in a mining environment safely.
- Strong communicator. Able to work in conjunction with an RTS Supervisor or Project Manager to clearly communicate active work and troubleshooting or design.
- Adept at using information technologies including but not limited to cell phones, computers, and the varied software’s that could accompany them.
- All applicable safety training completed, but not limited to:
- Isolation Lock/Tag Out
- Driving in the Mine
- Working Alone
- Working with Hazardous Materials
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Must have CSTS/OSSA/BSO/CSO
Rotation & Accommodation:
– The normal shift rotation is Monday – Friday (Days Only)
– Transportation will be provided to and from site and town.
- Excellent compensation package, including health benefits and fully funded pension program
- Training opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary