Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprenticeship
KMC requires 1st/2nd/3rd Year Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentices who are already indentured and registered with AIT/ITABC. Candidates must demonstrate a proven safety record, attendance record and suitable workplace behavior. Applicants with mining and/or mechanical experience would be considered an asset.
Essential Duties, Technical and Education Requirements:
- Background or aptitude for machine mechanical and electrical systems.
- Baseline understanding of how mobile mine equipment run/operate, including some knowledge or willingness to learn multiple fleet types as utilized by KMC.
- Baseline understanding of mechanical principals and systems.
- Ability to work alone, or with minimal supervision, in a mining environment safely.
- Strong communicator. Able to work in conjunction with an MTC Supervisor to clearly communicate active work and troubleshooting or design.
- Adept at using information technologies including but not limited to cell phones, computers, and the varied software that could accompany them.
Candidates must have the following:
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Must have CSTS/OSSA/BSO/CSO
Rotation & Accommodation:
– The normal shift rotation is 14 on, 14 off.
– Transportation will be provided to and from site and town.
Must be able to work on both Suncor and Syncrude Mine sites.
Job Type: Full-time