Heavy Equipment Operator
Reporting to the Operations Supervisors and/or designate, the heavy equipment operator will primarily operate heavy equipment in a mining environment and will ensure production requirements are met in a safe and efficient manner. The heavy equipment operator is responsible for promoting the KMC Mining safety culture, adhering to all KMC policies and procedures, internal controls and practices and maintaining the highest level of professionalism by upholding the values of KMC Mining.
Specific Equipment Operations Positions:
Haul Truck Operator
– 777, 793, 930 & 789
– HD 1500 & 930E
– PC 1250 & 2000 – Komatsu
– Hitachi 850, 1200 & 500
– JD 870
– O&K 200 & 340
– PC 8000 – Komatsu
– Hitachi 2500 Hydraulic Shovel
– D9 – D11
– CAT 16H & 16M
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned duties in a safe, efficient, and environmentally secure manner;
- Communicate with shift supervision, operations and maintenance to achieve daily plans and activities;
- Ensure safe and effectiveness equipment operation and maintain cleanliness standards of KMC;
- Participate in work environment that supports KMC operating Priorities and Values;
- Other duties as assigned from time-to-time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 – 2 years of related mining experience and relevant equipment operations.
- Preference will be given to candidates that have experience with all or most of the listed equipment.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must have CSTS/OSSA or BSO or CSO.
- Proven safety training and exceptional safety record.
- Safety conscious, respectful and sound work ethic.
- Must be able to communicate verbally in a mining environment.
- Strong organizing, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Shift rotation: 6 days, 6 nights, 6 off or 5 days, 5 nights, 5 off
- Transportation will be provided to and from site and town.
- Training opportunities.
- Excellent compensation package, including health benefits and fully funded pension program.
*Note: other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time