Information Technology Support Technician
Reporting to the Director, Information Services, the Information Technology (IT) Support Technician provides technical advice and support to our users on a variety of issues. The Technician will plan, establish, operate, maintain and support the use of networks, laptops, desktops, cell phones and printers in order to maximize the efficient and effective use of technology within the organization. In addition, the Information Technology Support Technician is responsible for promoting the KMC safety culture, adhering to all provincial and federal laws, Company policy, internal controls and practices, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and uphold the values of KMC Mining.
- Being able to maintain, troubleshoot and administer the company network;
- Manage program applications on computer software, develop databases that will interact with the user to capture and analyze data and create related software for internal purposes;
- Program applications, develop databases, and create related software for internal purposes;
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software and operating system software;
- Order various types of required and approved hardware. In addition, replace defective hardware components;
- Monitoring and managing the use of company cell phones and smart phones;
- Ensuring accurate evaluation and installation of computer hardware, monitoring of networking software and the operating system software;
- Recognize and communicate the requirements of our employees in order to a purchase needed hardware; and
- Other duties as assigned from time-to-time.
- Post-Secondary in a Computer Science Discipline or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in a related role.
- Competent in the operation of windows 7, 10, 2008, 2012, Server Operating Systems, SQL Database, and VB.net and ASP.net programming.
- Experienced with Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Familiar VMware and VCenter.
- Technical Skills • Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizing, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative and performance orientated.
- The ability to troubleshoot and anticipate future concerns.
- Ability to work as part of a team and adapt to changing stakeholder requirements.
- Tactful and diplomatic.
- Conflict resolution skills.
*Note: other combinations of education and experience will be considered.