The successful applicants are responsible for the repair of various types of heavy mining equipment using sound welding practices; This includes Haul Trucks, Graders, Excavators & other mining equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Welding maintenance and repair work on various makes and models of large mining equipment, in the mining environment.
- Perform equipment maintenance according to standards, procedures and practices set out by industry and KMC Mining;
- Communicate updates to supervisor to ensure goals are met;
- Report all incidents, damage and near misses immediately;
Technical and Education Requirements:
- Journeyman Welder certification;
- Possession of a valid driver’s license;
- Proven safety training and exceptional safety record
- BSO and/or CSTS/OSSA or CSO
- A minimum of 1 year experience on Heavy Equipment Repair;
- Fabricating would be considered an asset.
- Ice lugging would be considered an asset.
The normal shift rotation is 14 on 14 off (days/nights). Resident Retention Premiums may apply. Must be able to work on all mine sites in Fort McMurray. Competitive Wages are offered. Candidates must be local to Fort McMurray and transportation will be provided to and from site and town.