Field Maintenance Supervisor
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Field Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for safely running a crew of tradespeople in keeping the operation running smoothly. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for promoting the safety culture, adhering to all provincial and federal laws, KMC Mining policies, internal controls and practices, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and upholding the vision, values and mission of the Company.
- Manage and apply the KMC Mining safety program for the shift/Crew which includes the safety, PSI meetings and compliance to Company, Client and legislated safety policies and procedures.
- Manage a crew of personnel which includes assessing condition of personnel, assigning work and managing performance, ensuring all time cards, paper work and related documents are completed as per procedures.
- Create, execute and manage daily/weekly work plans ensuring goals and KPIs are met.
- Review and approve the parts and outside labour orders and procedures as per KMC Mining processes including tools and consumables.
- Provide leadership and competently supervise the workers.
- Responsible for operations and all related shift/crew activities. This includes Safety Performance, Quality and Quantity of work, setting up the jobs, Meeting Budget and Cost guidelines, and ensuring Projects are completed on time.
- Provide support/ coverage for the Shop if required.
- Provide guidance and oversite to HET apprentices and Journeypersons to enable them to become competent in the rebuild process on equipment at KMC Mining.
- Work with Maintenance Superintendent and Maintenance Planners to monitor and manage the cost and progress of each project and provide progress reports to management.
- Work with planners and materials group to help solve parts issues and keep the jobs on task, and;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Journeyperson Off Road Mechanic Ticket/Red Seals is required.*
- Minimum 8-10 years’ heavy equipment experience in heavy construction or mining environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ field supervisory experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proven safety background.
- General knowledge of heavy equipment is required with ability to board (access) and maneuver around large mining equipment.
- Strong ability to work as part of a support team and adapt to changing stakeholder requirements and/or projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
All successful candidates must:
- Be proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Have experience as requested in the job description above
- Be subject to Random Testing at: Suncor or other designated sites
- Undergo and successfully pass the following pre-employment testing:
- Breath Alcohol Test
- Urine Drug Test
- Fitness-to-Work Health Assessment
- Audiometric Testing
- Vision Screening
All successful candidates MUST provide the following items prior to confirmation of their start date:
- CSO or BSO Certification
- CSTS Certification and OSSA Regional only required if candidate does not have the above certification
- Copy of Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Copy of recent Driver’s Abstract
- VOID cheque/direct deposit form
*Note: other combinations or types of education and experience will be considered.