Mining Tire (MT) Buffer and Punch Cut Operator
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor and/or designate, you will play an integral role in the Mining Tire (MT) recycling program.
As MT Buffer and Punch Cut Operator, you will primarily operate MT buffing and punch cut machinery. The buffing machinery will be utilized to remove the tread portion of the MT’s and shred the removed tread into various sizes. The punch cut machinery will be utilized to piece out the remainder of the MT’s. You will also operate other cleanup mobile equipment and ensure production requirements are met in a safe and efficient manner. You will also be responsible for promoting the KMC Mining safety culture, adhering to all KMC policy, internal controls and practices, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism by upholding the values of KMC Mining.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned duties in a safe, efficient and environmentally secure manner.
- Communicate with shift supervision and co-workers to achieve daily plans and activities.
- Ensure safe and effective equipment operation and equipment maintenance standards.
- Maintain KMC cleanliness standards.
- Participate in a positive work environment that supports KMC operating Priorities and Values.
- Other duties as assigned from time-to-time.
Formal Education *
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 – 2 years of related tire and/or mining experience is preferred.
- Relevant mobile equipment experience.
- Ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle.
- Comfortable working outdoors in a busy work environment often under extreme weather conditions.
- Industrial level production experience is a plus.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must have CSTS/OSSA or BSO or CSO.
- Proven safety training and exceptional safety record.
- Exceptional work attendance record.
- Safety conscious, respectful and sound work ethic.
- Self-starter who works well as part of a small team.
- Must be able to communicate verbally in a safety sensitive mining environment.
- Successful participation in all training as may be required, such as WHMIS, Fall Protection, Personal Protective Equipment use and care.
- Participate in all Safety meetings, Field Level Hazard Assessments, Workplace Inspections, Fire Drills, Emergency Response Drills and other safety actions.
- Participate in safety investigations as required.
- Able to lift heavy loads up to 50 lbs. and navigate uneven site terrain.
- Work on MT buffing and punch cutting machinery.
- Operate heavy machinery, including loading vehicles under trained supervision.
- Able to climb to heights and conduct work with proper safety restraints, fall protection.
- Perform general maintenance of machines, equipment, and vehicles as directed.
- Perform setup and clean up tasks on site.
- Act as Spotter when needed to ensure the safe operation of loaders, forklifts and other equipment.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- The normal shift rotation is 14 on, 14 off. Work schedules are subject to change with reasonable notice.
- Transportation will be provided to and from the work location.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Good compensation package, including health benefits and Company pension program.
*Note: other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift