Reporting to the Senior Operations Supervisor, the Operations Supervisor is responsible for the execution of the operational mine plan objectives during the shift as assigned by the Senior Operations Supervisor, through the safe, efficient and cost-effective utilization and care of equipment and mining crews. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for promoting the KMC safety culture, adhering to all provincial and federal laws, KMC policy, internal controls and practices, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and upholding the values of KMC.
- Provide clear performance expectations to crews and subcontractors and reinforce correct behavior through recognition and encouragement as well as application of timely people management procedures.
- Manage attendance and organize daily production from forecast plans and allocate tasks to all available equipment and personnel to ensure the effective utilization of crews and meeting daily targets.
- Plan skill requirements for crews to ensure an appropriate combination of personnel are available to achieve production targets each shift.
- Present the daily pre-start meeting to the production crew including all relevant notifications, allocation of tasks, changed conditions, blasts, active circuits and communications from the Senior Supervisor, Superintendent or Manager.
- Address all crew and employee issues promptly and consult with supervision and human resources to manage employee relations issues.
- Implement safety and environmental procedures to meet or exceed compliance with all the relevant legislation and company policy.
- Ensure that only qualified personnel perform tasks requiring authorization and that equipment is used in accordance with its design parameters and correct operating techniques.
- Constantly look to identify and rectify hazards and risks through regular inspections, audits and behavioral observations (SWO’s) as per HSE targets and review team member SWO’s, where required, taking corrective actions.
- Participate in all incident investigations to ensure the root causes are identified and that all the required documentation is reported, if applicable, implement corrective actions in consultation with relevant parties.
- Complete all schedules audits, checks and reports listed in the supervisor’s shift folder at the end of shift and during handover tour ensure all elements of the previous shift supervisor checklist are also completed.
- Coordinate with the maintenance department to ensure maintenance servicing schedules are planned to minimize the interruption to production.
- Ensure all site departments understand any relevant impacts to production targets such as pit conditions, maintenance issues, weather and manning.
- Promote prosperous healthy client relationships and identify new business opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned from time-to-time.
Formal Education *
· Diploma or Degree in Engineering or related discipline (or field experience)
· 2 – 5 years of related mining experience
· Prior supervisory experience in an industrial environment
· Thorough knowledge of equipment, equipment performance, and the mining environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizing, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
· Collaborative and performance orientated
· Strong ability to work as part of a support team and adapt to changing stakeholder requirements
· Tactful and diplomatic
· Conflict resolution skills
*Note: other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- 12 hour shift