Senior Mining Engineer
Reporting functionally to the Estimating Manager (or designate), the Sr. Mine Engineer is responsible for technical management of on-going bulk earth moving work and civil engineering projects, developing and executing the quality management system, bid proposals, and new opportunities. It is expected that this role is a senior staff position that assists in overseeing the mine operation.
Assist with creating equipment production models and cost models to input into bidding software.
- Schedule bid review meetings to identify equipment and labor requirements and appropriate rates;
- Provide recommendations on project schedules, technical scope of work, and resource requirements.
Ensure the accuracy of survey volumes for appropriate payment by maintaining accurate records and documentation.
- Manage the daily work for surveyors, site engineers and contracts administration;
- Responsible for providing accurate volumes for unit rate invoices and inputting the information into the system for producing correct invoices and LEM’S;
- Responsible for overall project contracts, in concert with the contracts administrator.
Manage civil projects to ensure the company is meeting expectations of the client through ongoing communication and documentation for due diligence.
- Follow up on tenders awarded and assist in setting up processes and procedures;
- Attending and participating in pre-bid, kick-off, and post-bid meetings;
- Assist the estimating team on pricing work;
- Ensure job and equipment performance analyses are conducted and recommendations made where necessary;
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager on workforce and equipment needs for projects.
Provide leadership to the Survey group with a proactive approach to safety and safe work practices and ensure the company’s mission statement, operating priorities and guiding principles are applied as a strategic part of everyday business.
- Perform safe work observations;
- Take field tours and pay close attention to work conducted by surveyors;
- Address concerns with a view to correct issues and implement solutions.
Continuously manage business relationships with KMC clients by attending customer planning meetings, being engaged in new initiatives and addressing their concerns in a timely manner.
Obtain and analyze project production records and update production plans to optimize operations productivity.
- Work with the engineering group to update production plans to optimize operations productivity.
Other Duties as assigned.
- High School diploma;
- Undergraduate degree in an Engineering discipline;
- P. Eng Status would be considered a strong asset;
- 7-10 years of related experience;
Competencies and skills:
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, equipment performance and the mining environment.
- The ability to think logically and analyze complex problems.
- Strong organizational, planning and coordinating skills;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Data validation skills in a mining environment;
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing demands.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location