Senior Procurement Officer
Reporting to the VP of Technical Services, the Senior Procurement Officer works strategically with multiple stakeholders, partners, and vendors to ensure continuous improvement of the overall Supply Chain Management (SCM) function. The Senior Procurement Officer has the technical skills to perform all supply chain functions and is capable of improving productivity and reducing cost while securing quality products and services. The Senior Procurement Officer will be responsible for process development and governance, establishing contracts with key suppliers, and providing best purchase value for goods and services.
- Develop and execute the supply chain strategy for KMC Mining that is aligned with budget, growth, and profit objectives.
- Create and foster strategic vendor and supplier relationships and partnerships that maximize cost savings and add value.
- Through strategic sourcing relationships with our vendors and partners, identify forward-thinking solutions and innovations that can help add value to clients.
- Assist maintenance teams with Asset strategies and planning.
- Continuously challenge and rethink how KMC approaches its supply chain so that the value delivered exceeds the cost.
- Participate in the formation of strategic bids for contracts to identify methods to reduce costs, increase margins, and overall competitiveness.
- Execute departmental business initiatives that align with KMC’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Stay abreast of current developments and trends in all relevant technical/professional knowledge areas with the objective of ascertaining new productivity or efficiency benefits.
- Work with team members across the organization and provide solutions that increase efficiencies through the supply chain function.
- Assess the subcontractor network and develop a subcontractor strategy in conjunction with Technical Services & Operations, to support KMC’s clients efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and implement procurement policies, procedures, and technical solutions (in conjunction with Finance) that allows for flexibility and instills the appropriate controls to manage us spend
- Coordinate with Estimating, Engineering, Planning and Field Execution early at the bid stage to provide input to reduce equipment and materials cost and conduct any necessary reviews. Includes contribution to and review of material, equipment, and subcontractor components of bid document preparation to ensure compliance to the tender requirements.
- Conduct a needs assessment, and spend analysis, to understand current and future requirements, identify ways to reduce cost, & improve client satisfaction while ensuring the highest in quality standards.
- Conduct market research, vendor identification, and selection based on needs assessment and spend analysis.
- Strengthen KMC’s vendor relationship management strategy and activities to include:
- Develop and maintain relationship management with key vendor contacts.
- Negotiation, management and tracking of vendor agreements.
- Identifying and continually monitoring vendor risks.
- Tracking and monitoring vendor performance.
- Enhance KMC’s procurement activities including:
- Support RFP process for procurement of materials and services where appropriate.
- Enhance current procurement policies and practices while driving efficiencies within the field operations & set KMC for growth.
- Drive KMC’s inventory & logistics strategy:
- Support as appropriate inventory processes using inventory management methods to optimize inventory levels, and reduce cost, while meeting client requirements.
- Support processes to manage inventory obsolescence, returns, and warranty.
- Policies and Procedures:
- Ensures supply chain systems, policies, and procedures are appropriate, adhered to, and maintained.
Other required duties may be assigned that fall within the responsibility of the position.
Job Qualifications / Requirements / Certifications
- SCMP Designation with relevant experience with at least five (5) years in a role of equivalent accountability is required;
- 5 + years Experience in Heavy Civil Construction, and Mining Industries;
- Business Certificate or Diploma is an asset;
- A strong understanding of issues that the Supply Chain faces in today’s world, a track record of providing solutions to those issues.
- Demonstrated ability and skill set to successfully develop and leverage vendor relationships.
- Accomplished interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Computer literacy with intermediate to expert knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Suite;
- Valid & clean Class 5 Drivers License;
- Excellent comprehension of English language; both written & verbal
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; and
- Notable listening skills and empathy.
- Willingness to travel to establish and maintain client relationships;
- Willingness to travel frequently to Fort McMurray, Edmonton, and other project and client sites as required.
- Other combinations of education and experience will be considered
This is a full time position, hours and schedule to be developed based on business requirements, and subject to change. This position is located in Acheson, AB.