The successful applicants are responsible for surface updates, volume calculation, land research, legal survey plans, aerial photographs and creating drawings of surveyed areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Create drawings indicating surveyed areas.
– Research aerial photograph, geographical databases and other relevant information when planning surveys.
– Update surfaces and provide as-built drawings.
– Review layout information and volume calculation.
Technical and Education Requirements:
– High School Diploma.
– Possession of a valid driver’s license.
– Proven safety training and exceptional safety record.
– A minimum of 2 years experience surveying in the Fort McMurray Oil sands.
– Experience with Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) systems.
– Familiarity with Earthworks and good understanding of Trimble RTK GPS system.
– The ability to calculate volumes and assist with drawings would be considered an asset.
Candidates must have CSTS/OSSA or BSO or CSO (Common Safety Orientation) certificate. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Candidates must be local to Fort McMurray and transportation will be provided to and from site and town.
Job Type: Full-time