At KMC, Safety is a way of life
Our active and vigorous safety culture has enabled KMC to operate in an industry with the highest safety standards on earth. To be able to perform at this level, KMC has grown and evolved our safety systems and culture to become an industry leader.
KMC achieves this cultural reputation through:
- Active leadership and management engagement
- Employee personal commitment
- Patronage by our industry, clients and, partners
- Best-in-class training and policies and procedures
KMC employees and others engaged by the Company, equally share the responsibility to work in a manner that will not only safeguard themselves but their fellow workers, the general public, property, and the environment.
An excellent safety management system and culture aren’t built easily or quickly. It continually evolves, is refined, and then shared at every level within the Company. All employees and subcontractors receive an all-encompassing and thorough orientation that focuses on sustaining an exceptionally safe work environment. Further to this, our comprehensive safety manual details our policies and procedures for our work activities and reinforces our continuous on-the-job training.
Awards and Recognition
Since KMC’s inception, safety has been a top priority. We maintain a stellar safety record, and our track record for success is evident through our numerous industry safety awards.
- Syncrude Canada’s President’s Safety Award for Contractor Safety Performance (2014)
- Imperial Oil Western Canada Major Projects Contractor of the Year Award (2013)
- Imperial Oil Guiding Spirit Award for best safety performance at the Kearl Oil Sands Project (2013)
- Imperial Oil President’s SSH&E Award for Best in Class Achievements in SSH&E Performance (2013)
- Syncrude Canada President’s Safety Award (2013)
- Imperial Oil President’s Award for Best in Class Achievements in SSH&E Performance (2011)
- Imperial Oil Western Canada Safety Leadership (2010)
- Syncrude Canada President’s Award for Safety for Large Contractors (2010)
Our most important focus has been and will always be safety!
We strive to provide our employees with a workplace where hazards are identified, mitigated, or eliminated so that everyone goes home safe, and together, we achieve the goal of zero injuries.
KMC believes fundamentally, it is okay not to know, but it is not okay not to ask.
- Responsibility & Accountability
- Goals & Objectives
- Incident Investigations
- Visible Management Commitment
- Supportive Safety Personnel